Re: {group buy) Autotech strut braces

Brad,

I use this on my 1981 Scirocco and it is killer. Possibly the best product
Autotech makes. Here's my description on how it works...

Yes, it would replace the 16V bar that you have.

It connects the a-arms at the two front mounting points, and with a separate
bar it connects the a-arms at the rear mounting points. It comes with it's
own brackets so that you can still mount up your front sway bar, too. Then
it triangulates the front and rear bars so that they are attached together
with a third bar. Kinda looks like this when mounted...

      Front
____________
                 /
               /
             / Triangulated bar connecting the front & rear
           /
      Rear

I really like mine. I upgraded from the Neuspeed bar, but have not compared
it directly to the 16V bar.

Hope that makes since -- Craig Williams
1981 Scirocco S 2008cc 16V (As seen in 01-2001 Sport Compact Car)
1991 Passat Wagon 2.0 16V (For the Wife & baby)
2000 Saab Viggen (20 psi, Turbo charged monster)
Northern California, USA