Re: Control arm removal --> ball joint won't let go

THis is NOT a suggestion.
Do NOT do this unless you are prepared for the consequenses./...

options
use a prybar to separate them.
smack the hub with a BFH (Big F$%king hammer) using a piece of wood as a
cushion.
smack the lower control arm *very* near the ball joint with the BFH once
again using the piece of wood (2x4 18inch long) as the insulator...
lastly...
and the biggest pain.
grind out the balljoint rivets. disconnect the strut, stick hub in vise
and pound out ball joint with BFH hoping its not WELDED in there.
else a new hub, lower control arm and ball joint will be required.