Re: O2 crimp v weld

The type of connection isn't in question, but access to the
ambient/atmospheric air to compare to the air in the exhaust.  The 02 sensor
will not have outside air to compare to the exhaust air if the wire is
soldered since the solder SEALS the gaps in the wire and this is where the
02 sensor gets the outside air to compare to the exhaust air.  Believe it or
not, the 02 sensor gets comparison air through the black wire.  This is why
(and I have done it too) you install that brand new expensive 02 sensor and
it has the same reading as the 02 sensor that you just took off.  I believe
soldering is the way, too, for almost all connections, but if I get
information directly from the manufacturer of a product, I am more likely to
abide by it than rumor or even manufacturers reccomendations.  Besides, it
makes too much sense!!!

Dave