High Compression & knock Sensor (advice needed)

Title: High Compression & knock Sensor (advice needed)

I need to know what is the procedure to install a knock sensor on to
an engine.

Here is the scoop.  Old '82 roco in parts, getting fixed up with a new
Audi 2L engine.  Going to try and have a JH head shaved and a 266 cam put
into it.  I want to use the old Fuel system, and if possible the old
ignition. Going to use the stock Audi Distributor.

I need to know if the Knock Sensor will wire up to the '82 ignition, or
if I should get the whole system from another car.  AND, if I get a new
ignition system, does that affect anything else I have to worry about.

Thanks

Cory