Re: how to tell if O2 sensor is Bad...

I had an O2 sensor go bad N my 86 16v. I had an exhaust leak around the exhaust manifold and my car ran rich.  Eventually 1 nite on my way back from Springfield it started sputtering and back firing and just died. I got out and unplugged the little f#$k'n sensor connector and it started right up. Been driving it like that since.  Figured it would probably be fine until I got to replacing the motor anyway someday.  That is also how I got it thru the e-check. It failed the first time with 2 rich a mixture. I unplugged the sensor and it passed with flying colors!!!

Told a buddy about it who was having a problem getting his HP Jetta GLI 2.0 16v thru. It worked for him too!

later

Brownie