Re: Window adjustment

On Sun, 25 Mar 2001 09:54:24 -0500 Christopher Grossi <cgrossi@dwc.edu>
writes:

> 	My drivers side window is loose and isn't rolling up tight.
> It's not very
> loose, but you can move it within the slots of the door a little bit
> and I
> can tell it's not going up tight, because you get wind noise on the
> highway
> from it, something you don't hear on the passenger side. You can
> also feel
> a little bit of air leaking in. Is there some form of adjustment to
> get
> this thing up tight and like it's supposed to be. I don't know if
> it's
> important or not, but they are not power windows, but rather the
> good old
> fashioned crank jobs.
>
> Thanks,
> Chris

Chris,

You'll need to remove the door panel and get the window to the top of the
track.  Take a longish, large headed phillips screw driver and find the
two square holes centered on the door, where your elbow rests when you're
"just chillin", and tighten those two screws.  When you get that, tighten
the bolts holding the track in place, but be careful not to over do it.
You can strip those suckers out quick.

This is all assuming that you have an MK2.

Eric
Good, bad...I'm the guy with the gun!
http://www.geocities.com/blitzkrieg16v/
request VW parts at