Re: Making my Rocc handle like a porsche?

Forgetting about what the nameplate on the car is, you just can't duplicate
the handling of a 50/50 weight distribution and real wheel drive with a
front-heavy FWD car...

You can make the Scirocco grip like all hell with relative ease, and you
can fool around with the alignment and suspension to make it understeer
less -- but that comes at the expense of safety -- you don't want snap
oversteer with FWD cause the only way you can stop it is by applying
throttle, something you usually do not want to do when you took a turn too
fast in the first place...

YMMV of course... but if you want 944 handling, getting a RWD car is really
the only way...

Jason

At 12:18 AM 3/25/01 , RoccoPhil wrote:
>Man, in all seriousness, it's Porsche.  Turbo or no, it's handling,
>especially if modified, won't be topped by a VW.  Sorry.  I luv my little
>roccos, but c'mon...  A reason why Ferdinand had Porsche as the biggie of
>the three...  I say, just do the rocco as best as it can be done - don't try
>to match any other type of car.
>
>-Phil
>

> > My uncle let me take his 944 for a spin. one word.. WOW! the car handles
> > really good. What have you auto crossers done to your car? i have a
>neuspeed
> > 25mm front and a 25mm rear (stuck on a trailing arm). Any possibilities to
> > make our Roccos handle like that.
> >
> > I took a turn like at 50mph and the car basically drifted, the front and
> > rear broke loose at the same time.Felt like i had control the whole time.
> > It's a fun car to drive. i would think that we would be able to do that,
> > since the mk1's weigh like 2000lbs and the 944 weighs like 2600. but the
> > weight transfer on the 944 is pretty much 50/50. i would like to hear
> > people's opinions and suggestions on this.
> >
> > Wing Gee
> > 80' Turbo Scirocco (Busted Piston Version)
> > 84' Scirocco - Can you say Juice!??!?! 80hp shot
> > Http://www.TurboRocco.com (Almost There)
> >
> > --
>majordomo@scirocco.org
> >

>--