Neuspeed Stickered Scirocco 16V Test Drive Caveat

Peter,

Is it possible that it was smoking because his smoke button was stuck?? :-)

-Marc

> Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2001 21:11:55 -0500
> From: thescirocco@juno.com
> Subject: Neuspeed Stickered Scirocco 16V Test Drive Caveat
>
> I test drove a 16V for sale today, for a friend of mine...
>
> The body was pretty clean except for some hood dings, by the TB,
> and a slightly dented and scraped driver's side fender.
> The gray velour/leatherette interior was in good condition.
>
> He recently replaced the downpipe at Smith Volkswagen, they forgot to
> tell him about the glazed timing belt and the bad engine mounts.
>
> I took it for a test drive, and going down my street, it popped out of
> gear...
>
> I pulled onto RT 72 south, I floored it and it filled up both lanes of RT
> 72 with bluish white smoke to the point that you couldn't see through it.
>
> I then down shifted it to head back, and it didn't want to go into 3rd
> gear, I shifted into 2nd and made a U turn.
>
> I figured that I would warn the list, since the seller was talking about
> advertising it on Scirocco.org.
>
> This car need's way too much work for $1650...
>
> Peter
> '79 Scirocco 16V project car
> '83 GTI "Caged Rabbit"
> '84 Scirocco, RD/FF
> '80, '88 Scirocco rollers

'74 VW Thing which is in the process of being sold to a guy at the
    Amundsen-Scott South Pole Station in Antarctica!!!
'81 VW Jetta Diesel Scraped 12/97 - '84 VW Jetta GLi Sold to NJ 10/99
'84 VW GTI 8v about to be sold to thescirocco@juno.com
'87 VW Smoking Scirocco Tornado Red 16V 197,500 miles in Philly PA
    since 7/2/99 - Before and after pics: http://getty.net/scirocco/