Neuspeed Stickered Scirocco 16V Test Drive Caveat

I test drove a 16V for sale today, for a friend of mine...

The body was pretty clean except for some hood dings, by the TB,
and a slightly dented and scraped driver's side fender.
The gray velour/leatherette interior was in good condition.

He recently replaced the downpipe at Smith Volkswagen,
they forgot to tell him about the glazed timing belt and the bad engine
mounts.

I took it for a test drive, and going down my street, it popped out of
gear...

I pulled onto RT 72 south, I floored it and it filled up both lanes of RT
72
with bluish white smoke to the point that you couldn't see through it.

I then down shifted it to head back, and it didn't want to go into 3rd
gear, I shifted into 2nd and made a U turn.

I figured that I would warn the list, since the seller was talking about
advertising it on Scirocco.org.

This car need's way too much work for $1650...

Peter
'79 Scirocco 16V project car
'83 GTI "Caged Rabbit"
'84 Scirocco, RD/FF