Re: AAA 100+ mile insurance

In a message dated 3/21/01 12:12:59 PM Pacific Standard Time,
dbarwick@sprynet.com writes:

FYI, on a recent tow for my GLI the tow truck driver (the first one they
sent who only had a sling truck after I specifically requested the flatbed)
told me that AAA has revised their contracts and will no longer hook up cars
that have modified suspensions (ie. lowered).  I now tell them that I have
expensive wheels and I don't want them to have to spring for a new pair on
account of the tow truck driver gunning for 100 miles worth of potholes.

hehe, I had to have my Rabbit towed a while back... The AAA guy came and he
had a hell of a time getting it hooked up. They sent one of those trucks with
a sling, and those little things that hook up to the front wheels. The
intercooler came really close to the support peice.....makes me kinda glad
it's not as low as it used to be =) How long ago did this policy begin?

Mike
http://www.geocities.com/vwmikel - trust me, a replacement is on the way!
'84-Arkay Turbo Rabbit GTI
'84-Rabbit GTI - future DCI drag car
'77-Rabbit - project
'80-Scirocco S - (um... to be:1.9L crossflow, turbo, 6 speed, widebody?)