Re: Re-Re- Julies Pissed..

In a message dated 3/21/01 10:25:02 PM Pacific Standard Time,
foxxinabox@core.com writes:

 well, julie, i guess you could say you got off lucky. the lady i
bought my '87 8v (rip) got a clutch installed about 200 miles before it
died. their charge for the clutch and labour: $768. oh, and the reason
it died? they'd said it was a spun rod bearing. in actuality it was a
dead fuel distributor (hence the reason i'm parting it out).

huh? you're parting out a car because it has a bad fuel distritributor?

i agree

with shawn, there are too many hacks out there. we, at the auto parts
store, see it all the time. it's just a shame that good people managed
to get snagged by them. fwiw, at least you let me know i can dump this
boat anchor of mine. it's cross threaded, but i managed to jam an 02
sensor in there anyway. :)

Mike
http://www.geocities.com/vwmikel - trust me, a replacement is on the way!
'84-Arkay Turbo Rabbit GTI
'84-Rabbit GTI - future DCI drag car
'77-Rabbit - project
'80-Scirocco S - (um... to be:1.9L crossflow, turbo, 6 speed, widebody?)