Re: Re-Re- Julies Pissed..

Ok, Julie dont cry. We men have no idea how to deal with this.

In regards to your situation; I am a VW/Audi only tech and I know exactly
what your mechanic is going through. It is not possible to remove an o2
sensor that has decided to be a stripped POS without stripping the threads.
You can use heat and lube and all that shit but if the unit will not come
out nicely then the next step is to run a tap through the hole and hope to
have good threads when finished. I know you are in a rust prone area and
this will cause great headache for the tech. If the tap doesnt work then the
next step is to drill the hole and install a "Time-Sert". I like
"Time-Sert"'s as they are far superior to the "Heli-crap".

"Time-Serts" are fully threaded inserts instead of a coil of wire that will
eventually remove itself with the component upon the next service.

I understand your frustration and the techs frustration. Although if he is
not considering these options and is telling you that he will have to
replace the entire manifold then you have an inexperienced, lazy,
uninformed, unmotivated, punk ass tech (other wise known as a mechanic ;-).

The part about the JB weld tells me that "Mechanic" might be too nice.

Getting the O2 sensor out the threads were stripped. Jweld did not hold it.
They are charging me for 3 hours labor already.
IF they can find another mainifold it will be another 3 hours of labor PLUS
the cost of the manifold.
I am still sitting at the computer where I sat down at *:30 yesterday. God
knows when I'll get home...

Julie (on the verge of crying)

Chris DeLong
ICQ#45030867