Re: pleasant vw "mechanic" experience (rant)

Dood, that's a rave, not a rant!  You are hooked up....

And, yeah, that p/s hose *is* nasty to get at.  Just did it w/ the engine
out and it still took a bigass monkey wrench to loosen it.

-Phil

> Just wanted to take a minute and brag about my experience at the shop
> yesterday. The place I take my rocco, HillTop Motors in Jax, FL is by far
> the most dependable shop in my area. Before I knew better I used to just
> whine and gripe about their prices. Now I know what's up and they are just
> plain worth it.
> Had to replace my power steering pressure hose and my clutch cable. I
could
> do the clutch cabble, but the hose was in a tight spot. Anyway, I notice a
> sweet looking white 16v across the street and he says it's his. Has 3 of
em.
> Favorite vws to drive but he hates werking on em. Anyway, he let me hang
in
> the shop while he did everything and I watched every step. he answered
every
> single question i asked and would even stop and look at something I was
just
> casually wondering about. Said he had some extra parts he could help me
out
> with and even had me stick my finger in the gear oil fill hole so i could
> feel the looseness of the gear inside...said my tranny doesnt have long
> left. 8(( Anyway I was there like 4 hours and had a blast! He doesn't have
> computer (his girlfriend does) so he won't be on here much, but we're
gonna
> do some bar B q and beer and have some fireside scirocco workshops. VW
peeps
> are just cool peeps I guess, and it sure is nice to have your car worked
on
> by someone who loves them as much as I do. Just a rant
>
> Bobby Griffin
> Helpdesk Analyst
> ext. 58737
>

> Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida, Inc., and its subsidiary and
> affiliate companies are not responsible for errors or omissions in this
e-mail message. Any personal comments made in this e-mail do not reflect the
views of Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida, Inc.