Re: No pressure in brake pedal

One thing I haven't heard mentioned is the brake booster.  The original
poster said the brakes would hold the car still when it was stopped.  Did
the pedal continue to go to the floor when you were pushing the brakes with
the car stopped?  If it is moving, there is a leak somewhere or a bad MC.  I
just went through a strange brake problem in my Volvo where I had a pinhole
in the brake booster that only allowed a certain amount of brake boost.  If
you were stopped, or stopping gradually, the brakes felt fine.  But if you
wanted to slow down quickly, you quickly hit the max amount of vacuum assist
and you had to press the pedal really hard to get any more stopping power.
It's kind of hard to describe in text, but I hope it makes sense.

Bottom line, if it's not a leak and it's not a bad MC, it could be the brake
booster.

Ian Overholt
'88 16v
'78 Champagne Edition