RE: 84 8v vs 86 16v body parts?

<snip David>

Will the parts. Grill fender etc swap out with the 86 16v?  I know I will need the 16v flaring for the fenders and under front, but I'm wondering if the parts are interchangable?

<end snip>

The only a few differences (IIRC).  The driver’s side fender is different.  The 8v will have an antenna hole and the 16v will not.  The grill is the same, but the 16v has an additional badge that says (oddly enough) “16v”.  It just clips on and easily reduces the aerodynamic drag on the car to help raise the top speed by 10mph.  Finally, the VW badge in front is black plastic on the 16v and silver plastic on the 8v.  Good for 12 hp.

- Brad

'86.5 Volkswagen Scirocco 16v

'76 International Scout II