Vibration (was Steering Rack Problems)

Hey all!

I have a vibration and have replaced a tie rod, had the tires balanced (twice, but I still am not satisfied with that), and had it aligned.  Drove to L.A. this last week (got to see Kevin and Benton, had a great time!!!) and it still vibrated.  I have a friend with the same problem on his Rabbit pickup and I am wonderig if this can be caused by the trans?  I usually keep my car in perfect mechanical shape and this irritates me that I can't seem to find this problem.  Any help will be greatly appreciated!!!

Dave