Re: [tech] Power Windows

I had a problem with my windows as well.  The passenger side window was
totally shot.  Being the cheap momo that I am, I took the whole regulator and
motor assembly apart.

I took the motor out, cleaned the brushes with some steel wool.  That got the
motor a little torquey.  When I reinstalled the motor it still wouldnt move
the cable in the regulator.  So I clipped some of the spring down that holds
tension on the cable.  Still didnt work.

The cable for the regulator, like a brake cable for your bicycle, rests on
this one thingy piece...ya know, to maintain tension.  I clipped that down
about 1/4 inch.  That plus clipping the springs and cleaning up the motor
brought my power window back to factory condition.

Took me about an hour and a half, but thats $170 that I saved