opinion? intake manifold conditioning

well... what a pain. got a 8v intake w/ 166k on it.  alot of oil buildup
inside + carbon deposits in runners.  ugh.  so I thought to myself that I'd
clean it w/ a few cans of carb cleaner I had lying around, and if it didn't
look too hot afterward I might do a aluminum parts tanking.  so, first thing
to do was to get that throttle body off.....

oh boy.

every bolt felt like Kong had tightened it down.  3 of the bolts came out,
although the boltheads seem to be just a hair bigger than 6mm (or whatever
it was).  the socket got stuck in each of them as it slightly started to do
a roundout.  then the 4th bolt.  no dice.  roundout.  vicegrips? no.
slightly larger hex socket smacked into the bolthead.  no.  I mean, NASTY.
I threw the 3 other bolts back in and snugged them up.  then cleaned down
the manifold, which didn't look that improved afterwards.

so I am stuck w/ a decision.

do I just throw it back on and ride it out w/ a crappy-looking (interior)
manifold, or do I drill that sucker out and tank it?  I don't know what to
do.  PITA to get it clean.  is it really worth it?

FYI - my 85 had 133k on it when I yanked the manifold.  the throttlebody
came right off.  what gives w/ this 87?  both the manifold mount bolts and
the throttlebody bolts are a bitch, whereas the simple aux. airvalve bolts
came off when I sneezed.  ridiculous.