Re: scirocco-L-digest V1 #1709

RE:  Car Thieves

I have the stock 87 VW Heidleberg radio with the theft deterrant (I
hope)code lock.  I made up stickers placed on inside with a large key
pictured to hopefully persuade lowlife shopper to go to another vehicle.
And use spare radio slot cover to disguise the equalizer/amp above the
Fischer cassette boxes.  My homemade sticker is not a nice as the one
Audi left in glovebox of 91 90Q for owner to apply.  IMO, invest in nice
exhaust, don't tempt thieves with fancy stereo.

RE:  Door dings

Had the same experience of getting door dings soon after body work (from
damage caused by apartment lot door dings.)  In shop 3 months, had to park
in Borders on busy Fri night and NO spots far away.  Some twerpy dad
parked real close and to get his precious spawn in he -repeatedly- banged
the door on his crappy Detroit iron into my door.  Didn't say anything, he
had to live with dumpy wife and guess he took out his frustration on my
flashy car.  Will never consider removing the vinyl rub stip just for
htat reason as long as its street-driven.

--
Brian D./OH How can you be in two places at once when you're not anywhere
at all... Firesign Theatre