RE: Dumb question....(sometimes I am so blond it hurts..)

Nope, and Nope. Relaying the headlights is a good idea no matter which ones
you run. The tailights are the same except for the painted stripes.

Oh, I almost forgot...I think you have to do a tiny bit of trimming on US
bumpers to get the taller lights to fit. Check the scirocco.org tech
procedure.

Neal