Re: (OT) Car thieves

--- dale witt <dwitt1@satx.rr.com> wrote:
> Biggest problem with the alarms is that people are
> getting immune to them
> and most do not even turn to see what is going on.
> Two months ago I came
> out of work to hear my alarm going off on my 86 and
> found window smashed,
> door pillar bent, console tore up and stereo gone.
> Turned into 1150 dollars
> worth of damage.  I strongly suggest (in addition to
> alarm) a pager system.
> I have one on the 82 with a range of about one mile.
>  It beeps me as soon as
> the alarm goes off.  It is available at Radio Shack
> (probially other places
> too).  I will get one on the 86 soon.  Good
> investment.
>
> Dale
> 86.5 2.0 16v roc
> 82 2.1 16v roc
> 85 1.8 GTI

Yep, car alarms don't stop the really determined. I
would favor the kind of alarm system I saw in one of
those Robocop movies where the thief gets
electricuted, but you know how that goes.

This desensitation thing is there, too. I had to break
into my car once for the usual stupid reason of
locking my keys in my car. That's pretty hard to do in
a Scirocco, but I did it. So there I am breaking into
my car with a coat hanger, people walking by like
water buffalo watching lions eating one of their
own.Total apathy in other words.

=====
Jorel Jackson
1987 16v & 1985 8v Sciroccos