Re: [rant] Moron Drivers -- Door Dings -- Mullets -- Yuppies

In a message dated 3/15/01 9:35:09 PM Pacific Standard Time,
mawster.chadwick@home.com writes:

On being an irresponsible driver:

Over 4 years my rocc has gone from looking like new to.... well, it looks
like someone shot a cannon full or grape shot at the damn sides, and just
this morning some Mensa Scholar driving too close to my car blew by at
about 70kph and removed the driver's side mirror from its usual location
into my neighbor's front yard.  Interestingly enough, the mirror was the
only thing hit.  heh. the mirror is in 1000 pieces and what's left of the
plastic housing is pretty mangled.  Gears and assorted mounting hardware
from the power mirror were scattered for about 10 feet in front of my car.
Sheesh.  I know the mirrors have a "Break Away" but I guess they aren't
foolproof.

As expected, there was no note on the car and no one came to the door.
<Grumble>

On door-Dings and parking lot hoopla:

WTF people don't respect other's cars at all, and gleefully ram their '82
Camaro 4-ton-7-foot doors into our nice cars.  I fully believe my car gets
picked on in parking lots, or 'merican car marinas(yes--boats).  I can
perfectly visualize the vacuous look and slight grin on the Mullet-Bearing
Miscreant's Neanderthalic Muzzle as he defiles yet another "Import" with
his "detroit steel".  (note use of capitalization.)

Or the utter lack of car-conscience by the yuppie in her colossal SUV with
the same yet slightly urgent vacuous look minus evil smile, just a mitt
full of gold rings /w large stones that may or may not make it through the
remaining paint on the rest of my car once she's parked too close, smashed
me with her door, and tried to squeeze out from between the two cozy
vehicles with a metal-trimmed purse and giant plastic&metal baby carrier.

<purses lips in disgust>

Chadwick
1985 war-torn but fast 8v

PS  She will be restored to her former glory -- soon.

See, now that's why I just park on the sidewalk...problem solved =)

Mike
http://www.geocities.com/vwmikel - trust me, a replacement is on the way!
'84-Arkay Turbo Rabbit GTI
'84-Rabbit GTI - future DCI drag car
'77-Rabbit - project
'80-Scirocco S - (um... to be:1.9L crossflow, turbo, 6 speed, widebody?)