Setting Timing

How does one go about setting timing when there exists no timing mark on the
flywheel?

When I had my flywheel machined/lightened, the fucker kinda eliminated all
timing marks.  Hence, the block is possibly not at TDC and not in time with
the head timing.  Actually, I would put money on it.

Regardless, the car is coming out of storage sometime soon and I wanna
properly time it up.  So, how on earth do I do it?  Where do I start?  Is it
possible to add a timing mark on that flywheel?  Nothing is impossible,
right?

The motor is a 16V from a Scirocco.

TIA

Sal