RE: {tech} Damn Cam knowledge- revisited

> ok-  im in process of the 2.0 l build, using the
> 9A block, 95.5 TDI crank, Forged 83.5 pistons

Be cautious with forged pistons. They usually have properties that are not
ideal for street use. High-silicon content pistons expand the least under
running conditions and thusly allow for tighter bore tolerances. However,
the silicon (sand) also increases wear in it's own right. So... to make it
easier, use cast pistons if they are available in that size.

> and i want:
> 180 High Torque HP
> Daily driveability-high performance, not race.
> I need to finger out the cam set to get.  a few

Given that you'll have big displacement, you'll have all the torque you
could ever want. *However*, that big crank won't spin up like the stock
unit -maybe 6500rpms and that's all. Therefore, you'll want a "milder" set
than what is ultimately available. I'd run Shrick 260s or the Autotech set.
Did I hear rumors that Techtonics is coming out with their own alternative?
Look into that, too.

> have said get 260/276 combo's-   what is the
> consensus on that?

Velocity says it offers a monster mid-range plus good high-rev capability.
However, expect your hydrocarbon emissions to hit the ceiling. I'd stick to
the straight 260s or like solution.
Scott F. Williams
Account Manager
GENUiTY - Eastern Region