Re: 9.4 solid to 10.1 or 11" vented brake swap Q's

Chris DeLong wrote:

> The A1 knuckles are all the same.
>
> Sorry Scott but they are not. '75-'78 have smaller balljoint holes.
> '78-'83 have bigger balljoints holes but still wont fit the 100mm
> driveaxles. '84- will fit 100mm driveaxles and have bigger balljoints.

Oh shnap. You're right. I forgot about the ball joint hole thing. That
actually reared it's ugly head on my once when I was attempting to swap
an a-arm hours before a big road trip. Where in the design are the '84
and up knuckles different to fit the 100mm, though? I don't see anything?
--
Scott F. Williams
NJ Scirocco nut

Check out our rally team's website!