Re: ND.... YESSSSS!!!!!

"Young, Patrick" wrote:

> It occurs to me, that instead of hopping over the hill on 17 (which caltrans
> is working on, one lane here and there), we could just zip up from Santa
> Cruz to where 84 hit 1, and cut that across.  Granted, it puts the caravan a
> bit north of the target, but the twisties up there are soooo worth it.... 90
> mph sweepers (I did that yesterday, following my friend Sandy on her bike,
> she was like "dammit, he's STILL there?!".

We did that section of 84 last November on our "rocs in the fog 2000" run.
You're right, it's absolutely some of THE best driving anywhere on the planet.
It may make more sense for us to take the "normal" route to ND, cutting over
to 101 further south, then do the 84 run on Saturday.  We plan to head up into
the mountains with the bigger gang then anyways - if we do it on the way into
town, we'll be without the locals and other out-of-towners who have come
in from points east and north.

Sounds like you're becoming quote the "local"!

--
Kevin Collins
Huntington Beach, CA