RE: ND.... YESSSSS!!!!!

> We did that section of 84 last November on our "rocs in the
> fog 2000" run.
> You're right, it's absolutely some of THE best driving
> anywhere on the planet.
> It may make more sense for us to take the "normal" route to
> ND, cutting over
> to 101 further south, then do the 84 run on Saturday.  We
> plan to head up into
> the mountains with the bigger gang then anyways - if we do it
> on the way into
> town, we'll be without the locals and other out-of-towners
> who have come
> in from points east and north.

Mmm, good point, however - from what I'm told, the road up to the
observatory on the east side of the bay is an awesome twisty stretch too..
I'm going to drive it this weekend, and see how it is.

There's one drawback to 84 right now.  There was a mudslide on a portion of
it some time ago, and that portion is single-lane only, with a signal
controlling traffic, right after you breeze thru that little town about
halfway up (with the speed 35 signs, and the cop that likes to sit at the
fire station.).

> Sounds like you're becoming quote the "local"!

Hehahaha.. yanno, gotta blend in and all - not that I'm converting to
dockers and polo shirt camoflage anytime soon though. :-)

-Pat