Re: [Re: Keeping the chrome vs. powdercoating black]

I've seen some other Sciroccos where the window trim has been sanded and
then just bomb canned in a flat black and it actually looked pretty good.
Much better than the chrome in my opinion. I'm going to do it on mine
eventually.

I had this for years on my 77 Trans Am (more power (grunt grunt grunt), no,
not really). It was aluminum trim and the nice thing was you could redo it if
it got chipped. Held up well too. Depends on your colour scheme, but I find
metal trim distracting.