Fuel Guage Not Working Correctly.

Recently I have been experiencing trouble with my stock fuel guage. One time
after filling the tank, it would not leave "E" for about 10 mins. Lately it
has been off a little over a .25 of a tank. It helped me run out of gas! I
didn't mind too much since I was checking my mileage. I got 361 miles on a
tank at 29.95mpg. Half was highway miles. Anyway, any tips? I'm thinking a
sender or maybe a bad connection on the cluster.

Travis.
8816V.