Re: Adding a Knock Box??? Also 2.0L swap

You should have not too much of a problem, be sure to get all the parts.
(See below for a link with info). As always a Bentley at your elbow will
be a given, having one for the donor car is great but you can get by
without it.

WaspHwy@aol.com wrote:

> I am planning on swapping a 2.0L block into my 84 gti, but I want to use my
> solid lifter head. I have heard that I will have problems if I dont use a
> knock sensing igntion. is it possible to retrofit  one to use with my stock
> head? <snip>
> --

Here is the same thing, dated Feb. 6th, 2001. hth, TB-