Re: WOW... New distributor...

Julie Macfarlane wrote:

> Ok, I have had a bad day for a while, but...I knew this would happen you
> see. I got a new set of acryllic nails...
>
> I found a distributor in the JYard this morning. I swapped it into the rocco
> and it ran like s**t. Got spark, bright yellow in fact. But ran horribly.
>
> I tried to replace the O2 sensor,...

Try dosing it with Liquid Wrench, (use a real penetrant, not a lube like
WD-40). After getting hot and being redrenched a time or two it will
help loosen it some. If you can get in there you might try biting down
on it with some big ol' honking vice grips <shudder>, shoot the thing
_must_ come out and it's toast already so-

> Then... If you put the wires on the top if the dist cap in the wrong order,
> it will run, but not well..
> There was another blond moment..
>
> Test drive later? More power than I felt in years, responsive etc...Now for
> a new clutch... (or a husband that loves to work on Sciroccos...)
>
> Julie Macfarlane
> (Wicked Witch Of The Web)

Yah, yellow is barely, Blue is a hotter spark. I did the same thing
after a tune up on my old Ghia- "I _know_ the firing order is 1-3-4-2!"
But it goes in the opposite direction.  :]

As for the last, maybe Brett or Jim J. in NY can do some matchmaking. 8P

TBerk