Re: Brake Fluid

I'm a DOT 4 user, only because it has one number
higher than DOT 3 so it must be better :̃  But DOT 5
is bad bad bad, so I hear, for street cars.

Lisle is the company (among many others) that make the
little check-valve type self-bleeders that attach to
the bleed nipple.  But they require pumping of the
brake pedal which is certainly a most crude and vulgar
approach.  Cheapass Ron® products are, if nothing
else, elegant.  In particular, Cheapass Ron®'s bleeder
is a wonderful thing indeed, and well worth
duplicating and improving upon, with the stipulation
that improvements are posted to the list, hoping that
Our Pal Brett can then add it to the tech articles for
all to see and share.  Note though that any additions
to Cheapass Ron®'s bleeder are bound (by definition)
to be like the Israeli's with the F18...they can add
rearview mirrors, which are nice, but they cain't
build 'em from scratch.

Whoever it was that posted and said use what DOT 4 is
on sale and flush 'em once a year was dead on the
mark.  JFDI.  Use fresh fluid, not stuff in your
cupboard.

Ron
Having recently read another Mark Twain short story,
for the umpteenth time...do it show?
ADD has it's benefits!