Re: Brake Fluid

Christopher Michael Boggs wrote:

>   I am going to flush my brakes sometime in the near future, and would
> like to know what is the best brake fluid to use. My car is an '88 16v
>
> Chris

And I'd add-

DOT 4 is what I've been sticking with, most FLAPS have DOT 3 on sale.

Besides Cheap_Ass_Ron's (tm) Pressurized brake bleeder I found a really
simple one on sale at my really flaps, it's made by those same guys that
have the red blister packs and sell the triple square tools we sometimes
need, and I cant remember the name, but it consists of a rubber tube
with a check valve on the end and another short tube section on the
other side of it, you put it on the bleeder valve, open, pump and with
the check valve end in a waste container you can do the job one person
style, he said in one long run on sentence. :]

TBerk