Re: [tech] Why not have a working Parking Brake? [long] was: Flatspotted a ...

VWMikeLVW@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 3/7/01 3:57:52 PM Pacific Standard Time,
> tberk@mindspring.com writes:

A long list of words....

> Damn, that is a lot of work. Myself, I would rather convert to
> rear disks than perform any maintenance on drums whatsoever.
> I did replace the rear shoes once,...and that was once too much.
> You could put an eye out with one of those stupid springs.
> So far, I have never had a single problem with the rear disks.
> They're 1000 times easier to work on and you can even see when
> the pad is getting thin without removing the wheel.
>
> Mike

Mike, while it's more work to RENEW the springs, it's no more work to
replace the cable on a disk setup than drums.  My point is to renew the
assembly. Lets see- I'll bet most of this could have been written by
Randy B. but with a few substitutions were I wrote DRUM.

Don't' forget adding rear disks is not a simple task of slapping them
on, you need to maintain balance.

Before i am seen as a drum champion, keep in mind I will too convert the
Roc to 4 wheel disks.  :)

TBerk