Re: Size of Alternator? AND Floor dampening material?

Morten T Nielsen wrote:

> Hi
>
> How can I determine the size of the alternator on my car? I can't seem to find any text on the alternator itself.

What type of main connections do the Alt wires make to the Alt itself?
Are they the three wire all in one plug? Or are they the Post with nut
type of connections? This is the main difference between 55/66 amp vs 90
Amp (with the bolt/nut type post).

> Also, is it important to have the thick under-carpet sound dampening material lying in the car?

Not important. Creature comfort is all.

> - is there any alternatives to this thick carpet or can I live without it. I know that universal sound deadening material can be fitted but it's not as thick as the original!?! - anyone have any experience?

> Thanks alot!
>
> Morten
>
> 76' Roc

There are many different opinions and solutions- some leave it out,
others install really expensive stuff, others get by on the cheap by
practical ingenuity.

Here is an air cooled bus page that might help some:

<http://www.bulley-hewlett.com/VWindex>

Cool guy, nice page.

TBerk