Re: [Tech] Gaseous Smell From My Rear

>Today I was cleaning the snow off my car while it was warming up, and I
>smelled gas. I took a peak under the car and it is leaking gas...A drip
>every 5-10 second while running. It appears to be leaking near the rear
>passenger side tire. Any ideas ??? BTW - I have a new gas tank (around 18
>months old)...
>
>Jason87vw@nac.net
>87 Scirocco 2.0

That is the general area that your fuel pump is located in.. there are some
banjo type fittings that connect to the pump and go back to the accumulator.
  These fittings are made on perminantly to some metal lines.  I know those
always gave me problems in my A1 gti and gli's.  Rust gets to them and the
little pits become pin holes.  If that is the case, they are way the hell to
expensive to replace, i think the stealership quoted me $150 for one line
that went from the pump to the accumulator, so i would reccomend some JB
weld and then use axle grease and coat thte shit outa them.  Either that or
some good chewing gum ;)

Jason Arms (Essex, VT)

'87 Scirocco 16v
'88 Jetta GLI 16v (New winter car)