Re: [Tech] Gaseous Smell From My Rear

At 03:34 PM 3/7/01 , Jason87VW wrote:
Well,

Today I was cleaning the snow off my car while it was warming up, and I smelled gas. I took a peak under the car and it is leaking gas...A drip every 5-10 second while running. It appears to be leaking near the rear passenger side tire. Any ideas ??? BTW - I have a new gas tank (around 18 months old)...

That's where your fuel pump is... so it's either a leak in one of the lines or in the plastic pre-filter that's up there.

In either case, fix it! Gas leaks are bad things. :)

Jason

1987 Scirocco 16v
1988 Mercedes 190E Sport Euro
1993 BMW 325i