Re: Starter lowdown.

<snip>
>remove the old starter, replace with the new. last thing to hook
>back up are the power wires. doesn't take more than 15 minutes or so. i
>can't imagine that an auto trans would be that much more difficult,
>though i'd love to buy a mk2 with an auto to find out :)

Actually changing the starter on an auto trans is a major PITA.  It's on the
wrong side of the transmission right under the exhaust manifold.  If you've
learned some new cuss words and were looking for an opportunity to use them,
this is a great project for it.  The starter is going bad on my Rabbit with
an auto trans, and I'm not looking forward to changing it.  Maybe I'll just
sell it and let someone else mess with it.

Kenneth