Re: Whats the deal with roccos in europe

In the UK - The Golf is king - The Scirocco is mainly driven (around my way)
by ladies in the 40-50 age bracket and most people have no idea what they
are. For example I had taken all the badges off(for some reason i cant
remember) and a took it to a valeters and the guy their asked me what is
was? He thought it was a Delorean (now i've only ever seen 4-5 of those (1
in my road))and was quite surprised when i said it was a VW.

For those in the know - you can have a Golf Gti in a different body for
about 1/3 the price but overall they are dismissed as a curiosity car for
either enthusiasts or "hairdressers" and are not taken all that seriously.

Another thing - went we touring in France we did not see one other Scirocco
and most French I spoke to had never seen one and weren't even sure that
they had been sold in France!

Andy