Re: Helpful VW dealerships?

juliemac57@hotmail.com writes:

I found almost the same. I want the gears on the end of the speedo cable so
I can get an accurate reading. The guy behind the counter at Nemer VW in
Latham. Just said "not available" didn't even look in the ETKA. He did seem
either pissed or shocked that I even knew it existed...
Still hoping to get a gear for an FF to 100mph and a 120mph speedo...

You could probably just use one from a Rabbit GTI. The GTI had a 3.94 final
(close enough), but had a speedo that went to 115, then another 5 dashes
afterward, so 120mph.

Mike
http://www.geocities.com/vwmikel - trust me, a replacement is on the way!
'84-Arkay Turbo Rabbit GTI
'84-Rabbit GTI - future DCI drag car
'77-Rabbit - project
'80-Scirocco S - (um... to be:1.9L crossflow, turbo, 6 speed, widebody?)