Re: Helpful VW dealerships?

On Thu, 1 Mar 2001 22:29:23 EST, VWMikeLVW@aol.com said:

> In a message dated 3/1/01 7:24:01 PM Pacific Standard Time,
>  juliemac57@hotmail.com writes:
>

>  > I found almost the same. I want the gears on the end of the speedo cable so
>  > I can get an accurate reading. The guy behind the counter at Nemer VW in
>  > Latham. Just said "not available" didn't even look in the ETKA. He did seem

	Just to let you know that ETKA is not an inventory system, it is only a
parts/diagram system that gives them codes, teh dealer has to look up in the
mainframe afterwards to see if the part a) still exists b) can order it c) has
be renumbered, I am not defending the parts guy, but I put my nose enough times
at my VW dealer parts counter, and I usually dont leave until I see some
searching done, but I guess I am a lucky bastard because the guy at the parts
dept at my vw dealer, owns a scirocco :)

--
Patrick Bureau
Exiled in the G.W.N (Montreal, Canada), Hoping to return to Dallas, Texas Soon!