oil coolers

With warmer temps not far off, I’m thinking about doing an air-cooled oil
cooler for my ’84 Scirocco.  During summertime in Dallas, with a passenger
and the car loaded, I see oil temps when cruising down the highway with A/C
of 130 C, which seems damn hot.  I already use synthetic oil (Royal Purple)
and have done as much as I can to tweak the stock cooling system (clean out
the radiator, run Water Wetter, lower temp fan switch, etc).

So, I am thinking about using a thermostat plate from
http://www.batinc.net/files/kits.pdf (designed for the Porsche 914/944 and
costs $80) and a Mocal or Setrab cooler.  And I’ve a few questions...

-  Any flaws in my logic or parts selection?
-  Where to go for hoses and what kind to use?
-  If I use stainless hoses, how to keep them from sawing apart things they
rub against?
-  How to mount the cooler?
-  What to do with the coolent hoses that go to the liquid oil cooler
already there?
-  Will separating oil cooling to a separate device ease the load on the
radiator much at all?

Many thanks for the help!
Benjamin Wood
84 Scirocco