Re: Grrr! Clutch cable pulling through bulkhead (RHD)

Sorry for the delay - been pretty busy workwise recently.... virtually every
A1 I've seen has this repair, including every one I've had.  You can get a
repair plate from any of the UK VW parts suppliers like URO, euro car parts,
german & swedish, for about a tenner, I think.
The one on my Storm is bolted on - I don't know where it came from as it
came with the car. I fitted one which comes with a sticky foam backing and
is shaped to fit over the existing bulkhead profile. The ideal solution
would probably be to scrape the sticky backing off and weld it on but, if
you clean-up the bulkhead surface properly, it sticks reasonably well and is
held in place by the cable anyway.

HTH,

Ewan.