Re: Grrr! Clutch cable pulling through bulkhead (RHD)

Just to let you all know this is a RHD thing. Peter might be on the right
track. I am not sure as I have not closely looked at a RHD Clutch setup.
Ewan Hopkins knows of this plate. Ewan?

On Tue, 27 Feb 2001 17:38:02 -0000 "Stuart Castledine"
<s.castledine@ntlworld.com> writes:
 > This happened to me this morning, leaving me without the use of the
 > clutch.
 > Luckily I was only 5 miles from work - still not much fun driving
 > through
 > town in the rush hour with no clutch...
 >
 > The same thing happened a few years ago and I had the split welded
 > up, but
 > I'm going to fix it myself this time. I'm sure I've read about a
 > preformed
 > plate being available for this repair because it's a well known weak
 > spot -
 > anyone know? I could do with a quick fix because it's my only car
 > and I'm
 > not sure how long the bodge job I did at work will last.
 >
 > TIA,
 >
 > Stuart
 > '88 GTX

You can put a large washer between the firewall and the clutch cable.

The A2 clutch cable puck, is the proper size.

Peter
'79 Scirocco 16V project car
'83 GTI "Caged Rabbit"
'84 Scirocco, RD/FF