Re: New to List with LOTS of ?'s

Daaaaave!,

Welcome.

- H&R makes some springs that don't lower too much, softsports?

- Early Mk1s often had these four bar oil pan guards, I have one in the
back yard. Came off a '78.

- If you replace the rubber part of the brake lines with stainless
steel/teflon lines then they will tighten up a lot.

- Take the blown dash lights with you o the dealer, they have made too
many types to trust the parts guy to know what you have. (I don't send
forks to the dealer very often, but bulbs are cheap and you can verify
type in person.)

- Blower Fan: Pull the face and the junction off the switch. You can
jumper the Hot 12v to the different speeds and verify what's what.
Verify under dash ground wires too.

- Black trim can be cleaned and restored with a product called Forever
Black. Good stuff, last through a summer & a winter and more. If I would
have kept it coated with something like Klasse (Don't use Silicon on
your car!) then it would not now need a reapply.

- What the heck is a cowl in your definition?