Re: Radio run by the key, or not?

Well, it's easy enough to wire it up that way, as you just need to tap
into the acc switched lead from the ignition switch that powers the
seatbelt warning circuit - that's been there since about '74 I think.  VW
has only been providing ACC switched power to the factory wiring harness
for about 10-12 years though.

Drew