Re: Strange head gasket

> It's a 'Victor Reinz' # 61-29305-00 made in Germany. It's odd because
> it's all metal. A total of four metal sheets are held together by 4
> rivets. one of the sheets is a thick aluminum piece and the others are a
> thin embossed aluminum sheets.
>
> Anyone else seen one of these? Any words either way pertaining to it's
> abilities?

  sounds like the exhaust manifold gaskets i bought for my 8v. the
layers are there to crush when you torque the head down. this will
supposedly make a better fit because it will conform to the slight
variations between the block and the head (or the head and the manifold,
in my case). generally they're more expensive, however i have better
luck with them, exhaust-wise.

--
 /\_/\	  Foxx (in a box)
< o o >	  http://foxx.tripod.com