Re: WATERFEST Rally- SATURDAY

> Just a mad tip for the mad man who over the years has seemingly been
> building a car to go straight line fast.

    nah, i just want my car to go fast wherever i happen to point it.

> You dissapoint me man. Havent you been following the import drag racing
> scene? Those guys figured out a couple 3 years ago that they can go
> faster with the right suspension setup. I figured you know this already
> and it makes me wonder WHY you give the suspension issue the shrug? You
> are hunting for the 13 sec ET's, no? What gives?

    dearest shawn.  i have been following the scene (from a distance), and i
am quite aware of the importance of a proper suspension.  i can tell you
that when i drag my car, i turn the suspension way up in the back, so as to
get as much traction up front.  however, it is limited.  i can do so much.

    the disappointment is returned to you with interest.  remember that old
phrase: "poor boy racing"?  it applies to me, i assure you.  if i had the
money to throw at my car, it would be a different story.  however, as fate
would have it, every time i save up a couple of bucks, i have to put in a
new tranny, or a clutch, or new tires, etc.  the joys of owning a heavily
modifed 20-year-old vehicle are sometimes outweighed by the financial
obligations it (i) bring upon itself.

    ah well, there's always next year.

jason
the mad bastard