Re: Dash Lights question!!

At 2:57 AM -0400 6/28/01, Accidi2000@aol.com wrote:
>Ok, first off my radio stops working all the sudden, i d0nt know whats wrong,
>i have power everything works just no sound, ok i dont think they have
>anything to do with each other but here the thing, i already had one dash
>light out, but tonight the other one went out and i had to drive like half
>hour in the dark , kinda sucked, is it possible to change out these lights,
>can i do this myself, id really like to get this fixed as soon as possible,
>this is so annoying for me,  so can somebody help me with this problem

\

Have you checked the power connection into the radio?

Do you have +12v on the hot line?
Good ground?
Clean connections?

The dash lights may have blown.  I would check the simple fix
first....remove the cluster from the dash, and the bulbs just spin in
and out; they can be gotten at the dealer, or of course
Potterman/Mark.

If that doesn't work.....
I had a problem like this, and it turned out to be loose connections
at the fusebox.

The two stage fix was to first unplug every connector from the back
of the fusebox and clean the crap out of them with something like
De-Oxyit...some sort of good electrical connection cleaner.

When that didn't work, a small flatblade screwdriver was used to
close up the round connectors in the plug so that they would fit more
tightly onto the prongs (heh I said prong) on the back of the fusebox.

| Jim Jarrett,Rochester NY      '93 Passat GLX, '84 Scirocco    |
| mailto:jarrett@rpa.net         '81 Rabbit Convertible 16v     |