16v loss of power in the 2k-3k rpm range

My 2.0L 16v seems to be losing power in the 2k-3k rpm range. The catch is,
that sometimes it loses power and other times it will be fine. It's almost
like it bogs sometimes, but not really. The tach just barely creeps up until
it hits about 4k rpm, and then it takes off. Sometimes I can detect a little
bit of a jerking motion. What could be my problem? I have CIS-E injection
and an autotech 16v cam set. The adjustable cam gear is advanced 2 degrees.
TIA!!

Justin
'86 Scirocco 16v 2.0L